Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 18...MEOWWWWWWWWW

One of the best ways to create the life you want is to surround yourself by people who inspire you to do just that.



I need to discuss my model of a working AMAZING relationship. But first let's set the mood.



DC - 2005. Townhouse Tavern. I am in the bar sitting next to Adam, the HOTTIE from Canada studying clinical psych at Howard. He was an ex college football player, 6'5 Scottish and Greek GOD of a man. However, to quote Dodgeball , and possibly to quote it incorrectly, he was either "Possibly gay or awkwardly Canadian". I could never quite figure it out.



In walks this vivacious sophisticated blond with an attractive redheaded confident mate.


They sit down next to us...............within five minutes she was commenting on the energy between me and Canadian Boy.


I knew at that moment this was a friendship match in heaven.


We have one major cross to bear..........she is a Red Sox fan. But I forgive her as it is more of a condition of her geography than lack of the sophistication needed to be a Yankees fan.

I can continue to explain how we became friends. That is not important. What I want to share are my observations of their relationship. For anonymity's sake, and to allude to their love of all things British, we will call them Sid and Nancy.


I want to be married.
I want a family.
I don't want any of those things without love.
I won't settle just to have status .
Even at my loneliest
I know I can't be with someone I don't love.
The price is too steep
Nancy waited for the right man. She did not compromise. And yet she is so real. So human. I imagine that someone who would stick to their beliefs to be so hard headed. So certain of themselves. And it is not that she isn't a strong woman. It is that, she is so capable of being vulnerable.

It is an exercise in reality to decipher how your vision of what someone "should" be, and how they actually are......

I guess I see a lot of me in Nancy......and I know she feels the same. She inspires me. She is an example of a woman who innately knew she was worth the wait!

And believe me, she is.



I spend a lot of time with Sid and Nancy. Never a dull moment. They are so in love.

But it is not the sugar coated annoying bullshit love.

It is not the honey, sweetie, mushy nauseating love, though they do purr and meow quite frequently.
It is honest, gritty.
They fight, but not for long.
They have a deep knowledge of each other. Imperfections and idiosyncrasies. Gifts and attributes.

They make each other laugh.

They cheer each other on.

They put each other down for a joke and smile and move on to the task at hand. There is always a sexual energy. You know they "do it" and not only missionary.



They are complete by themselves. And they are complete together. That is astounding to me. Just think about that. They have not lost any part of themselves to be together. They simply (yeah right) built on top of an already strong existing structure - that structure being Sid. Nancy. Now Sid and Nancy. But also at times just Sid. Or Nancy.



I go to visit them twice a year. To recharge. To replenish. To remind me that it is OK TO WAIT for the right one. It is the right thing to do. It is what I want.

Thank you Sid and Nancy.


Meow!



Hope and Love,

Soul Dancer



No comments: