Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 17...Humble Thanks

I would like to thank every single person who has sent me comments on my past few posts regarding changing behavior.
There have been some amazingly helpful ideas.
Those ideas, the positive energy, as well as an INSANELY good night's sleep(thank you JESSICA - though I am thinking you gave me the date rape drug!) leave me excited and humble. I am recommitted to living life to my fullest potential, especially when people who don't even know me feel compelled to:

a. wish me well
b. commend my courage
c. provide me with constructive ways to deal with negativity


WOO HOO!
This is an amazing day. A new day.
Some positive things going on.......................

We are having clean up day at work. lame lame lame emails have been passed around - lamer notices have been posted. BUT, it is a cleaning, a rebirth. I have tons of shit on my desk and


it will be reviewed
it will be regarded
it will be discarded


hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how can that relate to me in other areas? (DUH!!)

I am going to my friend's house (ruffie girl - actually she is a pretty damn amazing woman!!) to get some new furniture. She is leaving for an amazing job and has offered me a coffee table, mirror, and ottoman. ANY furniture is needed furniture. I live like a freshman boy in a single college dorm.


No couch
Women who are in my apt are close enough to sit on my bed with me
Men who are in my apt won't be sitting - unless I am underneath them

No tables
A great bed
A big TV
and wonderful bookshelves loaded with amazing authors who have clarified my life, changed my life, and generally inspired me.

Anyway, I am picking up this furniture after work. I may not be in DC for longer than one more year TOPS, but:
It is time to put down some roots.
It is time to dig in embrace the life I have created here.

A life in which I have met some amazing people. People whom I will be seeing tonight. People who just may be so important that they can change the world......it is a crazy thought to sit with a person and be thinking,

"I am having a drink with a staffer for a senator. One day she will be calling the shots and effecting positive change. And she is MY friend!"

Finally, I am headed home tomorrow for the first time in five weeks, which to some may seem like nothing, but to me means:

Five weeks without Kyle

Five weeks without Thomas

No sex (Longer than 5 weeks - not going there, in the wake of thinking positive. I say I WILL HAVE SEX, not ponder how long it has been since I have had it!)

All of the above will be remedied by Labor Day. It is a good day today!

Hope and Love,

Soul Dancer

No comments: