Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day 21...ENOUGH with the S-E-X

That is what my sister-in-law told me. Perfect thing for her to say because it will allow for two things.


1 - to talk about her

2 - to demonstrate to me that there indeed is some internal improvement going on here

Linda has been married to my brother for almost 11 years.

If they get divorced she officially gets custody of me. She is more than my sister-in-law. She is my sister. I have fallen in love with her family. Linda often says, "Everyone is trying to get out, and you keep pushing your way in!"

We weren't always so close. She is a WASP - it took her a while to warm up.
Us Jews melted the ice in her veins. She is not quite warm and fuzzy, but we do have her ON FILM talking to her son with a baby voice.

You can't imagine two more people so different and yet so alike.

A COMPARE/CONTRAST LIST FOR LINDA AND DANA

Similarities:

  • Both extreme control freaks
  • Both love pizza with pepperoni shavings from Emilio's
  • Both are extremely family oriented
  • Both love Charles Barkley, Gary Gulman, and Dane Cook
  • Both tend to beat up on ourselves constantly. What we do is never good enough, while we are extremely forgiving of others
  • Both like a good chick flick
  • Both are defenders of my mom
  • Both have a brother who suffers from major Jan Brady middle child syndrome
  • Both are keenly aware of our insanities - and both doggedly persist in the belief that only those who don't know they are crazy are ACTUALLY crazy
  • Both know that we hit the jackpot in terms of potential sisters in law as we have experience with the other kind. (OK maybe she won't admit to this but I know it is true!)

Differences:

  • I have breasts that can be used as pillows.......
  • Linda is extremely practical, I live in a dreamworld a lot of the time.
  • Linda is frugal. I am broke.
  • Linda is cautious. I am an accident waiting to happen.
  • Linda is reserved. I am slightly outspoken (just slightly though)
  • Linda is diligent when she sets her mind to a project. I can get a bit A.D.D. at times.
  • Linda achieves her goals and immediately sets new ones. I change my mind a million times.
  • Linda doesn't LOVE sex. We all know my feelings.
  • Linda looks at things in black and white. My world is colored in shades of gray.
  • Linda acts with her mind. I am led by my heart.

We are polar opposites, and yet so alike. I love her dearly, and am blessed to have her.

But enough of kissing her ass......

Yesterday, she said about my blog, which she reads dutifully every day, "Enough with the s-e-x!" And proceeded to comment on how I am leaning towards the Carrie Bradshaw banter of Sex in the City.

And the normal reaction came as sure as taxes.....I was doubtful and was thinking that maybe my writing is derivative. Maybe not everyone is comfortable reading about sex so frequently.

I went to sleep soon after that. I woke up with a smile. I realized that Linda's comments had NOTHING to do with my writing, but rather with her reaction TO the writing. This reaction is none of my business, and she is completely entitled to it.

I talk about sex a lot. But guess what????? I think about it a lot. And I smiled with ease as I let go of her comment.

It is so incredible how we learn best by repetition. I will learn this lesson a lot. It feels good to reinforce. The time between getting upset and angry is diminishing. Eventually, it will be the immediate response. Think about it, take what you need and let it go.

So to Linda, I am sorry....but you may have to read a bit more about S-E-X! But we'll always have Emilio's pepperoni shavings.

Hope and Love,

Soul Dancer



1 comment:

BillyWarhol said...

LOLLLLL

I wanna Lie on yer Pillows Dana + Rest my weary Head of my.......

;PPP

Funny Post*

+ who in their Right Mind doesn't think about S-E-X 24/7* - oh right, my Ex!!

oh yoy*

Cheers Sexy Sweetie!! Billy ;)) xoxo